I went online to Free Credit Score.com to get a free report as stated in the comments.I got a bill today from them for $19.95 plus a bill for $19.95 for IdentifyHawk.

I have no idea what IdentifyHawk is. This company should be reported to the Better Business Bureau for false advertising. This happened on January 17, 2011. Since the information on the computer said it was free, then that is just what it should have been.

This is Fraud and they should be reported.

I called them and you can not talk to a real person.Just a recording.

Had an Experience with Free Credit Score?

Comments

Same thing happened to me.It is just one of many examples of how the government has laws in place which create loop holes that allow companies to legally mislead (lie, really) to the american taxpayers in order to suck even more cash out of them so they can line their already fat pockets with more money.

It's a lesson I think most people unfortunately have to learn the hard way.

I know I did & it took me two or three times of getting shafted by different companies before I finally figured it out because of all the different crafty ways they have of wording & hiding the full truth within their terms & conditions.Now I know to get out before it's too late when I see that they want a credit or debit card number.

Actually, it's not fraud.You get a FREE report, but that's it.

The 19.95 bill is for the monthly membership, you're told repeatedly that you'll be in.It even says it on the website.